Thursday, October 26, 2006

Seven Days later in Samara



Sorry I haven't been blogging recently. To make it up to you, here is a picture called Morning Prayer by Nicholas Roerich. Roerich is a well known modern Russian painter who was deeply affected by Buddhism and the Himalayas, hence the mountains in the back and the praying dude. The artist couldn't paint enough of those mountains. In fact, he painted some he had only seen through meditation and you can actually find them in Tibet! Yuri took us to a museum here in Samara some time ago. Maybe I wrote about it...Anyway, one section is dedicated to this painter. It's funny because the first place we stayed when we came to Samara had two of his paintings which I instantly loved. I was so happy when I found out I could get my own prints of his work right here in Samara. Some are just fantastic enough to help lead me in a good direction with my book, which, by the way, I have written over 50 pages! Yeah, I need to start meditating more myself. I just feel like adding I love you all! I know my blog entries are usually more controlled than this, but today I am a little too tired to work for order! :)

For being so loving and understanding, here are two more works of art by Mr. Roerich...



2 comments:

paixful and all said...

Thank you for sharing the Morning Prayer painting - I have never seen it before and am awed by its beauty!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, check it out, this comment is made by an advanced artificial intelligence robot. I will soon take over the world.
Dear Moderator, I hope you don't delete my post. I mean no harm, just being weird.
I blog about pretty important issues, but my blog has recently been suspended, any ideas why?
It's actually a pretty funny story what happened after I drank mushroom tea. I started posting random comments.

Friend: someone who likes you even after they know you.