Monday, September 25, 2006

One day tour Part 1


After breakfast on our first full day in Russia, I met up with Shawn, Sally's husbancd. Sally is a fellow fellow. Since Old Arbat Street was so close to us, we decided to investigate it a bit. This street is similiar to Insadong for all my "Korean" friends with its artists peddling their masterpieces and loads of souvenirs on display.Some oddities float down the lane like an alien on top a store with his humanoid companion and a clothed monkey ready to get her picture taken with you. for a small fee of course! I was told to wait for any souvenir shopping sicne most of the smae merchandise can be found outside of the city on towns where they won't robb you so blind.

It wasn't long before exiting Arbat that we came to one side of the Kremlin. We walked along the park next to the famous fortress where I found fantastic water fountains and some statues that I predicted had something to do with Russian folkatles. Later, I checked my Russian folktales bible to concur. One scene had a frog with a crown talking to a man. Turns out the story is the Frog Princess Here are some dramatic horsies taking a shower above.

Ugh! Since I am kind of new to the whole adding pics part of a blog, let me start a new entry to show off some other lovely pics!

No comments: