Friday, September 08, 2006

So Long, Westminster Hello, Samara


So, this is it. We are here a mere 24 hours before jumping on a plane heading to Moscow via Frankfurt. From the looks of things, I will have 3 days to roam this city while Jeremy is in "orientation." I suppose I should read up on places to visit besides St. Basil's which is a spot I believe Jeremy will want to see along with me. Maybe I'll wait for the Kremlin later when someone I love comes to visit us...

I think I am finally into the whole life-is-beginning-put-on-your-seatbelt-mode. Last weekend we had a little sayonara shindig where many people I love came to see us off. It was during that time I realized I was too anxious about the trip, although everyone's well wishes seemed to buff my worries. Now I am into it. I am so ready I want to bite something hard- grrr! My Russian is puttering about, but once I get to Samara, I will hunker down on more than just the basics. Actually my plan is quite blissful. It seems everyone is encouraging me to make it MY ten months, as in, spend every minute doing whatever the hell I want to do, be it join a choir, take Russian lessons/ jog on the Volga, tutor, work on my book, do anything crafty, run around with all my new Russian pals (my only goal is to make some buddies!) or make a great meal for Jeremy. I can't help but think of such a prospect as anything but decadent. But as my buddy Andy Cady says, "Viva La decadence! "


Here are my buddies Erica and Dena. Hopefully they'll come visit me in Samara!

No comments: